- Backup repository/repositories you want to modify.
- Enable “mq” extension. If you don’t know how to enable it, follow these steps.
- Open TortoiseHG Workbench
- Go to File > Settings > USERNAME’s Global Settings > Extensions > select “mq” > press OK button
- Restart TortoiseHG by closing and opening it again.
- Select changeset you want to remove > Right click > Modify History > Strip … > press Strip button
- Broadcast to everyone who uses the repository to clone it from “clean” repository
I would like to remind you that typically it is against the best practice to permanently remove any changeset from any version control.
- Small team
- Full control over all the clones
Why remove and not back out?
You want to keep the repository “clean”