FireFox add-on for easily typing in Indian Scripts

Many of you are aware of Pramukh Type Pad for easily typing into 9 Indian scripts. I have also created many IndicIME plugin for TinyMCE 2.x, 3.x, FCKEditor and PramukhLib JavaScript library to easily integrate it with existing Website and enable Indian script typing for its visitor. This requires the Website to install this plugin/library onto their server. It gives benefit to the Website owner that visitor can easily type in chosen Indian script but if the visitor is avid Indian script writer, s/he has to type in Indian script somewhere else and copy/paste the writing if Website s/he visits does not contain above mentioned script. To alleviate this problem, I have created Add-On for avid Firefox user. It supports Firefox 1.5 – 3.x. You can download this add-on from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10827. Currently this add-on is under review mode so it requires user to login and then download. Click the link below if you want to download from this blog.

Download Firefox Add-On

Installation Instruction:

If you download from Mozilla add-on website, after login, click on “Add to Firefox” button and Firefox will automatically ask you to install it. Click on Install button and restart Firefox.

If you download from my blog, it is a zip file. Unzip the file on your computer. The extracted file is “pramukhtypepad_ff_25.xpi”. From Firefox, go to File Menu > Open File…. Now locate the extracted file and press “Open”. It will ask you to install it. Click on Install button and restart Firefox.

After restarting, it will add Script Menu at the top. You can choose the script you want to type in. This add-on has all the functionality that Pramukh Type Pad has. Pressing F12 will toggle the selected Indian script with English. Also at the bottom right status bar, you will your selected script. This add-on remembers the selected script and when you open up the browser next time, it will automatically select the last selected script for you.

Pramukh Type Pad Firefox Add-on

Enjoy typing in your favorite Indian language.

45 comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. રમેશ વિરપરીયા says:

વાહ
    ખુબજ સરસ,અને સરળતા કરી આપી છે.
    મોબાઈલ મા વાપરવા માટે શું કરવું વિગત વાર જણાવશો તો આપનો આભારી રહીશ.

2. Sam says:

Sam :
    I have been using your firefox addon for the last couple of years.
    After I upgraded my firefox to 25.0 I dont see the Pramukh menu and when I hit F12 I get a window to debug javascript at the bottom instead.
    Can you tell me how to make the Pramukh addon work in firefox 25.0 (This on windows 7 laptop)
    Thank you.

Let clarify.

The menu appears on hitting F10 and from there I can select any Indic script. Howerver, that appears to be the only way to select any font – Flipping between English and an Indic font using F12 seems to have been overridden by the Firefox 25.0 now.

3. Sam says:

I have been using your firefox addon for the last couple of years.

Thank you.

4. ushapatel says:

good morning….vishLbhai…can I use on my samsung note2 mobile? i can download it on my mo. but can*t open..will you please help me to open it and guide easily in gujarati if possible. thanks lot. usha

5. kailash says:

How To download Pramukh type pad

6. dilip joshi says:

dear sir, instol gujrati

7. Indravadan I. Mistry says:

Dear Vishalbhai,

The current Pramukh type pad for firefox is not compatible for firefox 4.*.*. Any plan to release latest version which may be compatible with the forefox 4.*.* ?

Regards.

8. shobha says:

I want to write in marathi.

1. Vishal says:

Using this add-on, you can type in Marathi as well. You may also want to check out Pramukh Type Pad or PramukhIME for Marathi (Devanagari) typing.

9. vrujlal karia says:

i study for computer poor knowlge of comp but try affter our gujrati teweeter preffer your name on gujrati keybord devleper thanks

10. aman gopal says:

dear vishal:
    please let me know the licensing policy on this.. is there a server end to the firefox add-on also ? similar to iPlugin provided by CDAC ?
    regards,