I am the Webmaster of Gujarati Sahitya Sarita Website. From past so many days I wanted to update this site but couldn’t get enough time to get it done. Finally I dared to upgrade this site. This site was using old codebase wpmu 2.6. Upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 was easy. I had to do it manually. It worked fine but then I auto upgraded to 2.8.
Now when I tried to login, it gave me weird error “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” even though I tried to use “admin” username. I searched a lot but not found enough information. I also tried to debug the code but all in vein. Finally I directly looked into table “wp_usermeta” for userid = 1, meta_key=”wp_1_capabilities”. I found that it contains value “Administrator” instead of “administrator”. I changed it to lowercase and I was able to login.
Once I logged in, I cannot view “Site Admin” menu which is a must for managing overall functionality of the blog. I tried to search it but could not find anything. I looked into table “wp_sitemeta” for Site_id = 1 and meta_key = “site_admins”. I found extra “\” (backslash) into the value. I removed it and it worked fine.
Also I lost all my sitewide settings so make sure you apply those settings again.
Leave a Reply