WordPress Sticky Post Plugin

Category: WordPress

Sticky Post Plugin is a must have plugin in your WordPress arsenal. This plugin shows the designated post on the top of every post. There is no need to modify your current theme.

Download WordPress Sticky Post Plugin

Version Supported

WordPress 2.1 and greater
WordPress Mu 1.1 and greater

Installation Procedure

1) Download the plugin and unzip it
2) Put the StickyPost.php file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory
3) Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click “Activate” for Sticky Post
So easy hmmm…….

How to stick your post?

It is even simpler than installing your plugin. Choose the victim post to stick on the top and add custom field Key=STICKY and Value=1, press Add Custom Field button, save the post and you are done!!!.

Known Issue

If your sticky post is very latest and comes on the front page of your blog, it will be repeated. (This post will be shown as a sticky post and as a regular post)

FAQ’s

1) I activated plugin but cannot see sticky post.
Check your WordPress version. It must be WP 2.1 or greater or WPMU 1.1 or greater. Second you check the custom field name and make sure that you spelled it correct.

2) I would like to activate Yearly/Monthly/Weekly Repeater Plugin as well
Dont do that mistake. It is going to throw mysql error.

3) I got weird mysql error
This plugin changes query for showing posts. It is possible that you have another plugin which also modifies the query and hence the resultant query is a junk query which MySQL is not recognizing. so now you have to deactivate any one of the plugins.

79 comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Panama Canuck says:

Wow, that was scary! I followed the installation instructions and when I loaded my site all I got was “the object you are looking for not found.” My entire home page was blank!!!! Luckily I removed the plugin and everything came back. Scared the crap out of me. This is a dangerous plugin!

2. Adrian says:

Uber cool plugin. The best sticky plugin I have used out of all of them out there.

3. Sofia says:

Running WP 2.6. With this plugin activated the blog doesn’t show any posts at all. Just says “sorry, no posts available”.

4. Stefan says:

Same problem as Brad and Ed. Post was published but did not show up on the home page (index.php) After deactivating plugin post came up fine. Running WP 2.6.

5. Mahendra Shah says:

Impressed. Wish I could learn more from you to develop
    my blog for my cartoons, paintings, kavitartoons and articles posting. Your tutorials will help me. Loved your poems. Congratulations for your media exposure.

6. Ed says:

Same problem as Brad here, thank you for creating a plugin that messed up my blog…

This plugin should not be made available to the public.

7. Brad says:

It would seem that when I activate the Sticky plug in (not even use it on a page) the Home page does not display. It gives me, “Not Found Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.” and then displays the Search option

(I am using Ad Clerum theme with 5 widgets on WordPress version 2.5.1.)

8. Kaput says:

Just an update: I installed the WP-Sticky plugin instead and that works great with 2.5.1. I recommend that plugin instead if this one does not work for you…

9. Kaput says:

It does not work with WP 2.5.1. I installed the plugin successfully, then set a custom field with the KEY as STICKY and the value as 1 to the post I want making sticky. It had no effect whatsoever.