Sticky Post Plugin is a must have plugin in your WordPress arsenal. This plugin shows the designated post on the top of every post. There is no need to modify your current theme.
Download WordPress Sticky Post Plugin
WordPress 2.1 and greater
WordPress Mu 1.1 and greater
1) Download the plugin and unzip it
2) Put the StickyPost.php file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory
3) Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click “Activate” for Sticky Post
So easy hmmm…….
How to stick your post?
It is even simpler than installing your plugin. Choose the victim post to stick on the top and add custom field Key=STICKY and Value=1, press Add Custom Field button, save the post and you are done!!!.
If your sticky post is very latest and comes on the front page of your blog, it will be repeated. (This post will be shown as a sticky post and as a regular post)
1) I activated plugin but cannot see sticky post.
Check your WordPress version. It must be WP 2.1 or greater or WPMU 1.1 or greater. Second you check the custom field name and make sure that you spelled it correct.
2) I would like to activate Yearly/Monthly/Weekly Repeater Plugin as well
Dont do that mistake. It is going to throw mysql error.
3) I got weird mysql error
This plugin changes query for showing posts. It is possible that you have another plugin which also modifies the query and hence the resultant query is a junk query which MySQL is not recognizing. so now you have to deactivate any one of the plugins.
Leave a Reply