I had Visual Studio 2017 Professional installed. When I tried to create a new SSIS package, it threw following error.
Error creating SSIS package 0xC001100E.
There was no other information available.
What I Tried
I tried following steps but it did not help fix the problem.
- I verified in Visual Studio that I have SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) installed.
- Reinstalled SQL Server Data Tools on existing Visual Studio 2017.
- Reinstalled SQL Server Data Tools as new instance in Visual Studio 2017.
- Repair entire Visual Studio 2017 installation.
- Add and remove some components from Visual Studio 2017 hoping that it would magically resolve this error.
- Uninstall SQL Server Data Tools using Control Panel > Program Features and reinstalling.
How to Fix Error
Even after trying for hours, I could not get this error fixed. Finally here is what worked.
- Uninstall Visual Studio 2017 from Control Panel
- Uninstall SQL Server Data Tools (if not uninstalled from previous step) from Control Panel (and not from Visual Studio Components)
- Install Visual Studio 2017 (Make sure to NOT select “Data storage and Processing” for installation)
- Install SQL Server Data Tools and select existing Visual Studio 2017 instance. (Don’t forget to select all services as a part of installation).