SuiteCRM Email module a really powerful module but when you try to use it, you will hit lots of roadblocks. Here are the list of common issues that I found when working with Email Module.
SuiteCRM Version: 7.9.7
- Cannot import plain text email (fix available)
- Does not add the header information within reply which shows when who sent to whom. (fix available)
- Does not honor “Reply-To” header if available in the email (fix available)
- Replying body is empty (fix available)
- Replying using the email template removes the original Subject and Body (fix available)
- If you have email templates with attachment, it will not work as expected when replying/sending new email (tried to fix it but not working. Half baked code is available and it does not break the existing functionality. Review self.attachDocument function in EmailsComposeView.js)
- I like the Outlook way of header information when replying instead of other email client. (enhancement available)
Above fixes does not solve the following issues
Email signature is lost when replying using the email template
Once you download the file, you will see two folders.
- Emails-Old folder contains the files that comes with SuiteCRM that requires changing
- Emails-Fixed folder contains the file that I modified
How to apply the fix to your SuiteCRM?
- Backup your existing SuiteCRM Website code and database
- Copy all the files and folders from “Emails-Fixed” folder and paste it in your SuiteCRM_ROOT/modules/Emails folder which will overwrite your existing files with my file.